One of the most vexing questions spiritual seekers encounter concerns the “proper” terminology they should use when referring to The Divine, that supreme being and all around swell guy most commonly referred to as “God”. Many new Wiccans immediately reverse their Christian indoctrination by flipping it.
Archive | General Blog RSS feed for this section
Ever notice that some colors make you feel a certain way? There’s a reason for that, you know. Colors have certain associations, whether we realize it or not. As such, many magickal traditions call upon those colors in their energy work. Think of it as stacking the deck. You know your intent.
I was asked today if PaganCentric was going to report on the arrest of New York City Councilman Dan Halloran, or if, it was suggested, we might “look the other way” because he’s Pagan. Actually, I wasn’t going to write anything about Dan Halloran initially. It had nothing to do with him being Pagan. It […]
On Easter every year many Pagans find themselves… discomforted. Everywhere you turn there are Christians celebrating the resurrection of their revered mystic and savior, Jesus Christ. Few Pagans would begrudge Christians their celebrations, but it’s easy to feel displaced with all the brazenly commercial celebrations and the overwhelming inundation of Easter products in stores. I […]
U.N. human rights officials have condemned a recent surge of violence against Albinos in Tanzania in connection with “witchcraft beliefs and practices”. Albinos, who are people born with a congenital disorder caused by the absence of pigment in the skin, have traditionally suffered great hardships in Africa, where they are both feared and revered because some […]
We’ve all asked the question at one point or another. Is there a God? You can take the word “God” and rephrase it as you like. God. Goddess. Gods or gods. Assign a name in its place. Yahweh. Krishna. Great Father. G. Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat. Whatever you want, and whichever makes you feel more comfortable. But […]
Why are human beings so resistant to change? It’s part of life. Change is really the only thing you can count on during your time on Earth. Everything changes.
We’re back in the saddle and riding high again. Well, we’re getting ready to, anyway. As is usually the case, the moment we began to prepare for a revamp of the web site and a generally re-purposing of all things PaganCentric, our beloved web server started showing signs of early dementia. Before long it was […]
“Is it anti-Pagan to celebrate Halloween? How do Halloween and Samhain relate, if at all, to one another? I grew up loving Halloween, but it now seems disrespectful to me to go out collecting candy while I’m supposed to be honoring the spirits of my dead ancestors.” There is no contradiction between Halloween and Samhain, […]
The conversation started off innocently enough. Somewhere among the good-natured wrangling over political partisan issues and religion, I was asked an unexpected question. “So where Pagans stand on that whole ‘Lying for the Lord’ thing the Mormons believe in?” my friend asked me. I didn’t understand the question at first. It was probably the first […]
- Pagans and Saint Patrick’s Day: The Real Meaning of the Holiday March 17, 2009
- The Bible and Christmas Trees December 6, 2008
- Brandi Blackbear Was Not Like Everyone Else January 31, 2009
- The Annual St. Patrick’s Day Rumble March 17, 2013
- Do Pagans Generally Accept People Who Are “Intersexed”? February 16, 2011
- Should I Say “Goddess” Or “God”? August 30, 2013
- Color Associations August 9, 2013
- What is an Animal Familiar? July 30, 2013
- There Is No One, True Way April 26, 2013
- The Arrest of Dan Halloran April 2, 2013
- Cory Miller: We all say we believe in god. What sets us all apa...
- Cea: Amen- I was seeking the truth too and then God re...
- Claire: I'm not sure why it matters that MormonWiki.org i...
- Jennifer: Signs of heaven would be comet sightings, meteors,...
- Kathryn Kolls: I had heard that the origins of Friday the 13th su...
- Cory Miller: We all say we believe in god. What sets us all apart is how we think we receive salvation how we enter...
- Cea: Amen- I was seeking the truth too and then God revealed to me the origin of all the festivals we celebrate e.g....
- Jennifer: Signs of heaven would be comet sightings, meteors, movements of Earth’s moon, planetary movement, and...
- Kathryn Kolls: I had heard that the origins of Friday the 13th superstitions were based around the Knights of...